Last modified: May 18, 2018
Our mission is to transform how women travel in Pakistan and beyond using a technology platform that clusters and connects registered riders with vetted and verified partner drivers for seamless services. As riders, you are required to share with us confidential information, such as your name, address, contact details etc. As you use our services, we want you to be clear how we’re using information and the ways in which you can protect your privacy.
• What information we collect and why we collect it.
• How we use that information.
We collect information to provide better services to all of our users – from facilitating intelligent clustering to connecting you with a driver that can serve you best.
We collect information in the following ways:
• Information you give us. For example, our services require you to register with your personal information, like your name, email address, telephone number or credit card to store with your account including your name and photo.
• Information we get from your use of our services. We collect information about the services that you use and how you use them.This information includes:
• Location information: When you use our services, we may collect and process information about your actual location. We use GPS to determine location.
We use the information we collect from all of our services to provide you services that are affordable and efficient.
People have different privacy concerns. Our goal is to be clear about what information we collect, so that you can make meaningful choices about how it is used.
Whenever you use our services, we aim to provide you with access to your personal information. If that information is wrong, we strive to give you ways to update it quickly or to delete it – unless we have to keep that information for legitimate business or legal purposes.
We do not share personal information with companies, organizations and individuals outside of SheKab unless one of the following circumstances applies:
• With your consent. We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of SheKab when we have your consent to do so. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information. Currently, this is not the case - hence no personal information is or will be shared with any third party until this is explicitly reflected in the privacy and your approval has been taken through online opt-in concent or email.
• For legal reasons. We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of SheKab if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
• meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
• enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations.
• detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
• protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of SheKab, our users or the public as required or permitted by law.
We may share non-personally identifiable information publicly and with our partners – like publishers, advertisers or connected sites. For example, we may share information publicly to show trends about the general use of our services.
We work hard to protect SheKab and our users from unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of information we hold. In particular:
• We encrypt many of our services using SSL.
• We review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to systems.
• We restrict access to personal information to SheKab employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it for us, and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.